1970-2018 rear wheel drive cars with a minimum wheelbase of 104” Wheelbase.
1. All cars must have a minimum of (2) doors, (2) rear quarter panels, deck lid, bumper
cover, roof and hood. Body may be metal, plastic, or composite.
2. All bodies must meet roof and spoiler height template specifications.
3. All bodies must be approved by speedway.
4. All cars must be painted and lettered professionally.
5. Rocker panels may be fabricated but must maintain 4” ground clearance.
6. Front windshields must be lexan. Back window optional. Clear lexan or plexiglass
installed in the rear quarter windows. No side windows.
7. Speedway approved window net must be installed in the driver’s side window
8. Body height minimum 4 inches. Max overall spoiler height is 39”
9. Rear spoiler 5” high with maximum 60” width (max 300 square inches).
10. Wrecker hookup required front and rear of car.
1. Stock OEM front sub frame with tubing frame connector allowed.
2. OEM stock clip and OEM chassis must have factory OEM mounting points for weight
break. Rear trailing arm mounts may be fabricated.
3. Fabricated clip and lowers allowed with a 50 lb. weight penalty.
4. Frame rails minimum 2”x 3”.
5. Chassis rails must maintain 4” ground clearance w/ driver at any time
6. A Steel firewall must separate the driver from the engine compartment and fuel tank.
1. A complete speedway approved roll cage.
2. Roll cage must be constructed of roll bar tubing with a minimum outside diameter of
half 1 ½” inches x .083 wall thickness.
3. Roll cage must be centered on the frame. Perimeter style.
4. Main roll cage uprights must be on top of outside frame rails.
5. Full cage is required with four uprights and four top bars.
6. Roll bars may go through front and rear firewalls.
7. Minimum of three bars in driver’s and passenger’s door required.
8. All bars within drivers reach must be padded.
1. Adjustable cups allowed on front and rear.
2. Spring spacers, coil over eliminators, or screw jacks may be used on front and rear.
3. OEM type steering box. Aftermarket tie rods, centerlink, idler, and pitman arm
5. Lower A-frames must be OEM Design. Lower A-Frames must be same length.
Aftermarket lowers can be used but must conform to OEM Design if the car is adding
the weight for the fab clip. If 5×5 Stock Spindles are altered the car will be required to
add weight by tech man to be eligible to compete.
6. Upper A-frames may be fabricated.
7. Front sway bar may be OEM or aftermarket. Mounting points may be aftermarket.
8. Leaf spring and/or coil spring suspension allowed.
9. Steel rear lower trailing arms required.
10. A fabricated metal top link and track bar allowed.
11. Damper shocks may be used.
12. Rubber bushing, metal bushing, Teflon bushings or heim joints allowed.
13. Lowering blocks and trailing arms may be adjustable.
14. Aftermarket or OEM 5×5 design hubs allowed. Wide 5 allowed with weight penalty
1. 9 inch rear end may be car, truck, or floater. Any ratio. A standard 9 inch ring gear
heavy quick change will be allowed. No Cambered Rear End Housings. +/- .4
2.Any rear end that does not conform to the above rear end rule is subject to 50 lb
3. Detroit Locker, or Locked Rear End Units only.
SPRINGS and SHOCKS
1. Tie rod or spherical end shocks allowed. OEM aftermarket Struts allowed.
2. Aftermarket metal body shocks allowed. Maximum $175 per shock Racer Retail Price
based on 2016 Lefthander Catalog or if not listed Racer retail price no hardware
included. Carrera 6100 or Pro-AC 6100 equivalent allowed. No canister shocks allowed.
Shock must be same size top to bottom excluding threads.
2. Coil springs minimum diameter 5”. Coil over eliminator allowed but must have 5″
min spring or subject to a 50lb penalty. Coil Over allowed with weight penalty. No coil
binding or bump stops. Allowed only one full round rubber in front springs.
1. Single piston metal brake calipers required.
2. Steel disc brakes may be used on front and rear.
3. Aftermarket brake and clutch pedal allowed.
4. Dual master cylinder allowed. Any type Brake bias adjusters allowed but not in
WHEELBASE and TREADWIDTH
1. 104” minimum wheelbase.
2. Cars must not exceed the maximum allowable tread width of 65 ½ inches.
CRATE ENGINE chev#88958602, chev#88958603, #604
1. This Crate engine can be used as all supplied parts from factory manufacturer. These
engines are subject to teardown procedures and legalities determined by tech
committee. The staff at Dillon Motor Speedway has invested a lot of time and money to
be “up to date” on these engines, therefore make sure the engine is legal or it will be
2. DMS Reserves the right to claim any Crate Engine that competes at the Dillon Motor
Speedway. DMS Owner Ron Barfield can trade a new Crate Engine of the same part
number for the one in the race car at the completion of an event at the Dillon Motor
Speedway! If the Claim is denied the Car Owner will be subject to penalty and a fine!
3. Crate engines are designed to cut the cost of racing. Anyone found tampering with
these engines will be fined up to $1000.00 for each offense and loss of points.
4. Crate Motor is a great application for Local Racing if the competitor will leave them
alone. Run them as supplied from the factory to ensure legality. Aftermarket valve
covers may be changed. A 602 crate may run a 603 oil pan. Contact Tech Official if you
need clarification to this rule.
Only stock production engines allowed. Chevrolet 350 cubic inch maximum, Ford 351
cubic inch, Chrysler 360 cubic inch plus overbore.
1. . No polishing or coating inside of block.
2. Overbore of .060 + normal wear permitted.
3 Aftermarket stock length replacement rods allowed.
4. Replacement rods may not be lighter than OEM stock rods.
5.Only solid steel connecting rods permitted. No polishing or machine work will be
6. Connecting rods must be stock length for make and model of engine used. For
Example: Chevrolet 350 – 5.7 Rods
7. Flat top or dish 3 ring pistons permitted. Piston must not extend above top of block.
8. Crankshaft with stock stroke must be retained. Minimum weight 50lbs.
9. Crankshaft must not be Knife-edged. No excessive machining or grinding other than
balancing. No drilled rod or main journals. Subject to template inspection by Tech
10. Wet sump oil system only.
11. Enlarged oil pan allowed. Kick outs will not be permitted between the bolt holes
flange and the top of the added sump.
12. No electric fuel pumps allowed. Oil pan and exhaust 3” minimum ground clearance.
13. Aftermarket valve covers allowed. Aftermarket pulleys allowed.
1. Stock OEM production steel heads only. No Vortec heads on built engine.
2. World Products Stock Replacement head allowed with a 50lb penalty. Any other
Stock or Replacement allowed with a 100lb. penalty
2.NO modifications, no porting, polishing, or angle milling. No grinding of any kind. 3
valve job ok as per Speedway rule. One cut below valve seat, to bottom of valve guide. Do
radius or blend bottom of cut below valve seat.
3. Chev 70cc min; Ford (Clev) 68cc; Ford (Win) 58cc; Chrysler 68cc min; Chev 62 cc add
OEM valve size for cylinder head required. Steel valves required. Valve size maximum:
Chevrolet 1.94 intake 1.50 exhaust
Ford Cleveland 2.05 intake 1.65 exhaust
Ford Windsor 1.89 intake 1.60 exhaust
Chrysler 1.90 intake 1.60 exhaust
1. Hydraulic or flat tappet cam and OEM diameter lifters with a maximum lift of Chev
.480, Ford .512 Dodge .500 at valve with valve lash as ran in race. Lift will be measured
at the retainer.
2. Any steel type timing chain allowed.
3. A hydraulic cam will be checked by replacing with a solid lifter with “0” lash.
4. Screw in studs and guide plates permitted with any ratio roller rocker arms allowed.
5. Stud girdles are permitted. Poly lock allowed.
INTAKE and SPACER
1.Cast Iron two barrel intake or Edelbrock performer aluminum intakes. Chevrolet
#2101 Ford Windsor #2181, Cleveland #2665, #2750 and Chrysler #2176 or P#4532852.
2. No high performance intake manifolds permitted. Intakes must be speedway
3. No porting, polishing, or grinding will be permitted. Do not touch it.
4. Holley #7448 spacer a maximum ¾” metal spacer with 2 holes (max 1 ½ 1.502)
centered in spacer with a straight cut. No Bevels. Spacer Gaskets .065 max thickness.
5. Holley #4412 spacer a maximum ¾” metal spacer with 2 holes (max 1.690) centered
in spacer with a straight cut. No bevels. Spacer gasket .065 max thickness.
6. All carburetors and spacer plates must meet speedway specifications. Spacer plates
must not be adjustable and no coatings.
Holley 2300 2bbl carburetor model #7448 “350” allowed on built motor or 604 crate engine.
Holley #4412 2bbl carburetor “500” allowed on 602 and 603 crate engine. 603 See
weight. The New Style “500” with no choke horn not allowed (released in 2015).
See below for rework guidelines:
1. No polishing, grinding or machine work allowed on any part of carburetor.
2. No alterations except choke hardware may be removed and all vacuum ports must be
Base plate must not be altered in shape or size.
3. Boosters may not be altered in any manner including size, shape or height of model #.
4. Any attempt to pull outside air other than through the venturi is not permitted.
1. Round air cleaner element minimum of 12 inches; maximum of 17 inches.
2. Element must be minimum of 1 ½ “and a maximum of 4 inches in height.
3. Dry type paper element only. No cold air boxes or cowl induction allowed.
4. No tubes, funnels or anything which may control the flow of air are permitted.
5. Air cleaner base must not be above choke horn.
TRANSMISSION and FLYWHEEL ASSEMBLY
1. OEM standard production Automatic, Manual transmissions permitted.
2. Heavy duty OEM steel clutch permitted. No lightening.
3. Minimum clutch and flywheel assembly with bolts 33 pounds. A Min 7 1/4″ clutch
package will be allowed with a 50lb. weight penalty.
4. Hydraulic clutch control permitted.
5. Must have steel bell housing that is speedway approved.
6. Drive shaft must be of magnetic steel only. Drive shaft must be painted white with
two safety loops attached to the bottom of car. Transmission driveline components that
do not adhere to this section may be allowed with a weight penalty by speedway tech
1. Regular Headers (4 into 1) will be permitted. No stepped headers. No 180, or
crossover allowed. Header wrap allowed
2. Cast iron manifolds permitted.
3. All LH exhaust must exit behind the driver.
1. Engines may be interchanged from one body manufacturer to another.
2. Engine must be centered in chassis. #1 spark plug in line with upper ball joint.
3. Minimum crankshaft height is 12”, from the center of crank pulley to the ground.
1. Aluminum radiators permitted. Any radiator allowed.
2. Overflow hose recommended.
3. Antifreeze is not permitted.
1. Electronic HEI Ignition allowed. Crate Engine must run distributor that came
2. Aftermarket or OEM distributors permitted. All Distributors (Built or Crate) can be
locked up or welded
3. Only 1 coil permitted.
4. Only one 12-volt battery permitted.
5. No Hooked Up MSD ignition box allowed. No adjustable timing controls.
6. No open ended wiring in driver’s compartment.
7. Any type traction devices are not allowed. No computerized systems are allowed.
8. All ignition systems must be acceptable to speedway officials.
FUEL and FUEL SYSTEM
1. 100% Race Fuel or 100% Non Ethanol Pump Gas allowed. No mixtures of any kind.
2. All Fuel must pass Speedway Fuel specifications. Race Fuel must be same color.
3. Fuel cells are recommended. Must be securely strapped down with no less than 1/8”
steel straps. Fuel cell must be vented high and to the left side.
4. The maximum capacity allowed is 22 gallons.
5. Fuel cells must have 8” minimum ground clearance.
WHEELS and TIRES
1. Maximum width 10”on all 4. 15” Steel wheels only.
2. Air bleeders will not be permitted. No chemical tire treatment allowed.
3. Tires used for qualifying and race must be approved by the speedway. Teams are not
required to buy tires each week but must have tires from DMS tire building on the car.
4. Any car tires from any source other than speedway tire building will be disqualified.
5. Hoosier P25 Scuffed Stamped “DMS” Track Tire from Tire Building Required. These
tires cost $30 each. Teams can buy only what they need.
1.3100 lbs. minimum base weight for OEM Clip with driver. A OEM Clip, OEM Chassis
and steel body car will receive a 50lb. weight break (Street Stock Type 3050lbs.).
2. Fabricated Front clip and Lowers must add 50 lbs. to total weight anywhere on car
3. Aluminum Head Crate(603) and World Products SR must add 50lbs nose penalty.
This weight is additional and this weight must be mounted on nose side of firewall.
4. 55% left side maximum weight percentage on all cars.
5. All lead weight must be added to chassis securely. Weight must be on back of hood.
6. All cars will be weighed with driver in driving position. Cars may gas up after race. No
7. In 2012-2016 Older Frame Nascar Late Model Stock Perimeter Chassis Cars may be
Approved for competition with Example: coil-over springs, and/or wide 5, GN spindle
and hubs by the Head Tech Man (Min 3250lbs). These cars will be required to add
weight and must be submitted for approval by head tech man before allowed to race.
Head Tech Man decision on weight penalty is Final!
1. These rules are subject to amendments for competition when ample notice has been
given by the speedway. Any car that does not conform to the above rules may be
allowed to compete with a weight and/or restrictor plate at the tech committee’s
discretion. This decision can be made at anytime to give someone a chance to race at the
Dillon Motor Speedway.
2. Speedway officials may use professional judgment for any infractions for a
competitive race program. Tech Man decision is FINAL!
****ANY RULES YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND OR YOU NEED CLARIFICATION,
PLEASE CONTACT SPEEDWAY OFFICALS. Email email@example.com or
call the Tech Man Ronnie Barfield @ 843-319-9797 or Ron Barfield @ 843-496-4792.